The Cyber Security module covers the main skills and knowledge needed for the secure use of ICT in everyday settings, at home and at work.
It is important to understand good practice in maintaining a secure network connection, using the internet safely and securely, and managing data and information. This module covers concepts around secure information and data, physical security, privacy, and identity theft.
As data and information are valuable, having the appropriate knowledge, skills, and awareness to protect them is beneficial in a wide range of job roles. The Cyber Security module helps students, workers and employers protect these crucial resources.
Develop the skills needed to protect data and information on computers, devices, and networks.
|Secure web use||
|Secure data management||
Main learning outcomes
Successful students will be able to apply good IT security principles to manage connections, devices, and data effectively and safely. After passing this module, students will feel confident keeping information and data secure. They will know how to reduce risk with good practice. They will be able to:
- understand the key concepts of IT security
- recognise good practice in protecting computers, devices, and networks
- understand the types of risk that pose a threat to security
- know how to use the internet and communication channels securely
- recognise good practice in secure data management
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the Cyber Security module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.