The Documents module covers the main concepts and skills needed for common word processing tasks, such as formatting, and finishing letters and other everyday documents.
Word processing skills benefit children during their school years, as well as in almost any profession they may choose as adults.
With word processing software, students can easily review and revise their compositions, highlight key ideas, rearrange sentences or paragraphs to flow more logically, and try out alternative sentences or words to communicate their ideas better.
Develop the skills needed to create documents that are attractive and easy to read
|Using the application||
Main learning outcomes
Successful students will be able to use word processing applications to create, edit, and output everyday documents. After passing
this module, students will feel confident enhancing their documents with text formatting and by inserting common features such as tables or images. They will be able to:
- understand the key concepts of word processing
- identify the different file formats and how to save them
- recognise good practice applying formatting options
- understand the different elements, objects, and data that can be added to a document
- know how to finalise a document and prepare it for printing
- prepare and create documents using mail merge
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL is the global leader in digital literacy learning and certification
- ICDL modules are designed and updated by global subject matter experts, providing a standardised certification of skills and knowledge
- ICDL is used by thousands of schools around the world
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally
The detailed syllabus for the Documents module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Documents module and how we test skills and knowledge
Try out the Documents sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.
Offer ICDL in your school
ICDL isa global digital skills certification. With a wide range of courses to choose from, ICDL offers the real world digital skills your students need to excel and become more productive learners, employees, entrepreneurs and citizens.
To offer ICDL to your learners, students and staff you will need to become an ICDL Accredited Test Centre (ATC).