ICDL Digital Student
The Information Literacy module covers the main concepts and skills relating to identifying, searching, evaluating, organising, and communicating online information.
The vast amount of information available online is a valuable resource when carrying out research, but suitable knowledge and skills must be applied to do this appropriately. To create factually sound and well-researched outputs, information found online needs to be assessed and evaluated correctly.
This module is suitable for any candidates who need to evaluate research and information online and create high-quality outputs. The skills developed in this module can be applied to searches relating to any topic or area. Information literacy is important to any research or report creation activities.
Develop the skills needed to find and evaluate online information.
|Searching for information||
|Evaluating and organising information||
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be able to find, assess, and evaluate online information before organising and communicating it in an effective manner. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident researching topics and reporting on their findings. They will be able to:
- identify what online information is needed to meet a particular requirement
- know how to search securely for online information using search engines and social media
- critically evaluate information using a range of criteria
- understand good management and organisation of information
- know how to plan, draft, review, and deliver online information
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the Information Literacy module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Offer ICDL in your school
You can use ICDL as a training centre, a school or college, or for your own staff within your organisation.
To offer ICDL certification, find out more and contact us here.
Find an ICDL course near you
Certifying your digital skills with ICDL is simple:
- Assess your existing skills with a Diagnostic Test
- Build your skills during a course or through learning in your own time
- Certify your skills and earn an ICDL certificate
To get started, find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you