The Spreadsheets module allows students to use spreadsheet software to organise, calculate, graph and analyse data. These skills provide a critical foundation in preparation for future studies and the workplace.
Today many careers require knowledge of how to use spreadsheet applications. Teaching your students how to organise data into a worksheet and manipulate it, develops essential skills in computational thinking and problem solving and helps students to make the connection to the real world use of spreadsheets in the workplace.
|Using the application|| |
|Managing worksheets|| |
|Formulas and functions|| |
|Prepare outputs|| |
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to use spreadsheets.
- Can be applied to a range of spreadsheets software from vendor packages to ‘freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective spreadsheets software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the students will be able to:
- Work with spreadsheets and save them in different file formats, locally or in the cloud.
- Use available help resources, shortcuts and the go to tool to enhance productivity.
- Enter data into cells and use good practice in creating lists. Select, sort and copy, move and delete data.
- Edit rows and columns in a worksheet. Copy, move, delete and appropriately rename worksheets.
- Create mathematical and logical formulas using standard spreadsheet functions. Use good practice in formula creation and recognize error values in formulas.
- Format numbers and text content in a spreadsheet and use available autoformat/table styles.
- Choose suitable charts, and create and format charts to communicate information meaningfully.
- Adjust spreadsheet page settings and check and correct spreadsheet content before printing.
The detailed syllabus for the Spreadsheets module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Spreadsheets module and how we test skills and knowledge?
Try out the Spreadsheets sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.