The Web Editing module sets out key web publishing concepts and the skills required to create, upload, and maintain a web site. It also covers important issues such as security and copyright.
Thanks to the internet, it’s never been easier to communicate with a worldwide audience. Websites are crucial for virtual interactions, from selling products or services to sharing ideas or knowledge. Having the skills to set up a website and use web authoring software to maintain and update it are highly valuable in a competitive work environment.
Websites are a common tool of businesses, organisations, and communities. This makes the Web Editing module suitable for a wide range of candidates, including employees, volunteers, students, graduates, and bloggers.
Main learning outcomes
Successful students will be able to register a domain, set up a website, and maintain it using web authoring software. ICDL modules focus as much on skill acquisition as on the understanding of concepts. Having successfully completed this module, students will feel confident making changes to a website and using basic coding skills. The syllabus is standardised and vendor-independent, so skills are always transferrable.
- Understand the different services supported by the internet
- Recognise the planning and design aspects of creating a website
- Identify the different functions of a web authoring tool and how to use them
- Apply HTML and CSS to a website to enable the formatting of text, images, and other elements
- Understand how to publish a site and troubleshoot issues
Why choose ICDL?
- Modules cover the key skills and main concepts of design
- Certification is internationally recognised
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world
- Syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities in this sector
- Consistency is maintained by our rigorous quality assurance standards
The detailed syllabus for the Web Editing module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.