The 2D Design module covers the main concepts and skills needed to create two-dimensional drawings, change object properties, and print or plot outputs.
Computer-aided design (CAD) is used extensively in a wide range of industries. CAD skills are in demand in digital sectors, although with CAD applications even non-technical professionals can create complex 2D designs and concepts.
This module is suitable for students and working professionals in fields related to the architectural, engineering, and construction sectors. It would also be of value to designers in areas such as product development, gaming, and technology.
Develop the skills needed to create 2D drawings and projects using computer-aided design tools.
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be able to create, edit, and output a two-dimensional design or drawing. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident using a 2D CAD application to create high-quality designs. They will be able to:
- understand how 2D design applications are used to create and edit drawings
- recognise when to use layers and levels
- know the main operations of a 2D CAD application and how to use them
- apply advanced features, such as block and cells, to a project
- understand how to output a drawing for plotting or printing
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day- to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the 2D Design module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Offer ICDL in your school or organisation
You can use ICDL as a training centre, a school or college, or for your own staff within your organisation.
To offer ICDL certification, find out more and contact us here.
Find an ICDL course near you
Certifying your digital skills with ICDL is simple:
- Assess your existing skills with a Diagnostic Test
- Build your skills during a course or through learning in your own time
- Certify your skills and earn an ICDL certificate
To get started, find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you