The Management Spreadsheets module covers the advanced skills needed to use the versatile features of spreadsheets to produce reports, provide statistical or mathematical analysis, and manage data more effectively and productively.
The benefits of data-based decision-making are widely recognised. All types of organisation need workers who are able to use spreadsheets effectively – not just for storing tabular data, but for the sophisticated way that spreadsheets can be used to validate, interpret, and present information.
As data becomes easier to source and share, inputting, extracting, and displaying data (either internally or externally) is now a common task for workers in all types of role and every sector.
Develop the skills needed to use the advanced features, capabilities, and data handling of spreadsheets.
|Formulas and functions||
|Validating and auditing||
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be able to use enhanced spreadsheet capabilities to produce better reports with deeper data analysis. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident managing complex data with spreadsheets and collaborating with others. They will be able to:
- understand advanced formatting options, including conditional formatting and customised formatting
- recognise which functions to use in formulas, and troubleshoot errors
- identify the correct chart to display a specific data set, and create or edit such a chart
- know how to analyse, validate, audit, and protect data
- understand time-saving features such as linking data, paste special, filters, and macros
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day- to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the Management Spreadsheets module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Offer ICDL in your school or organisation
You can use ICDL as a training centre, a school or college, or for your own staff within your organisation.
To offer ICDL certification, find out more and contact us here.
Find an ICDL course near you
Certifying your digital skills with ICDL is simple:
- Assess your existing skills with a Diagnostic Test
- Build your skills during a course or through learning in your own time
- Certify your skills and earn an ICDL certificate
To get started, find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you