The Data Protection module covers important knowledge relating to data protection concepts and principles, data subject rights, data protection policies and measures, and regulatory compliance.
With more and more activities and transactions going digital, a growing number of workers find themselves handling sensitive personal data. It is more important than ever that the people working with personal data have the skills to do so securely and legally.
The personal consequences for individuals of a breach of the security of their personal data can be substantial, as can be the legal and commercial consequences for organisations. An understanding of data protection concepts is increasingly valued by employers. This module is relevant for organisations inside and outside the European Union.
Develop the skills needed to manage and process personal data in the context of GDPR.
|Data subject rights||
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be able to manage and process personal data in a manner compliant with relevant regulations. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident implementing a personal data policy, managing risks, facilitating requests, and reacting to breaches. They will be able to:
- understand concepts relating to personal data and its protection
- understand the background and scope of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- identify the rights of data subjects and the responsibilities of organisations
- know how to implement a data protection policy that is compliant with regulations
- know what to do in the event of a data breach.
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the Data Protection module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Offer ICDL in your school or organisation
You can use ICDL as a training centre, a school or college, or for your own staff within your organisation.
To offer ICDL certification, find out more and contact us here.
Find an ICDL course near you
Certifying your digital skills with ICDL is simple:
- Assess your existing skills with a Diagnostic Test
- Build your skills during a course or through learning in your own time
- Certify your skills and earn an ICDL certificate
To get started, find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you