The Presentation module covers the main concepts and skills needed to work with presentation software to create and use presentations.
Presentations are a helpful way of communicating information, whether it is to be delivered by a speaker or used as a reference or guide. Being able to present information so that it can be clearly understood is a valuable skill in the workplace.
This module is suitable for a wide range of candidates in any type of job role that involves communicating with different audiences for different purposes.
Develop the skills needed to communicate information using presentation software.
|Using the application||
|Developing a presentation||
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be able to use presentation software to create and edit presentations. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident planning, creating, and outputting a presentation. They will be able to:
- understand the key concepts of using presentation software
- identify the options available in built- in layouts, designs, and themes
- recognise good practice in formatting text and tables
- know how to add charts, pictures, and drawn objects to enhance presentations
- prepare a presentation to be used for presenting or printing
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the Presentation module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Offer ICDL in your school or organisation
You can use ICDL as a training centre, a school or college, or for your own staff within your organisation.
To offer ICDL certification, find out more and contact us here.
Find an ICDL course near you
Certifying your digital skills with ICDL is simple:
- Assess your existing skills with a Diagnostic Test
- Build your skills during a course or through learning in your own time
- Certify your skills and earn an ICDL certificate
To get started, find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you