The Remote Work module covers the main concepts and good practices needed to work effectively from any remote location.
Being able to work effectively outside of the office is beneficial for both employee and organisation, and at times a necessity for business continuity. However, without the necessary skills, working remotely can be an ineffective and frustrating experience.
This module is suitable for any candidates who work remotely, or are preparing to work remotely. It covers the key concepts and good practices for working remotely, as well as the main types of tools that can be used to support remote work and the key considerations for using them effectively.
Understand the main concepts and good practices needed to work effectively from any remote location.
|Introductory Concepts|| |
|Self-management, Teamwork|| |
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be able to understand the key concepts, benefits and challenges of working remotely. After passing this module, candidates will also be able to set up a remote working environment, be familiar with organisational policy, technology and security requirements, and be aware of the tools available to support remote work. They will be able to:
- understand the key concepts, benefits and challenges of remote work
- know how to self-manage and work effectively as a team in a remote environment
- set up a remote working environment taking into consideration organisational policies, technology and security requirements
- understand the main tools for supporting remote work and considerations for using them effectively
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the Remote Work module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Offer ICDL in your school or organisation
You can use ICDL as a training centre, a school or college, or for your own staff within your organisation.
To offer ICDL certification, find out more and contact us here.
Find an ICDL course near you
Certifying your digital skills with ICDL is simple:
- Assess your existing skills with a Diagnostic Test
- Build your skills during a course or through learning in your own time
- Certify your skills and earn an ICDL certificate
To get started, find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you