The Spreadsheets module covers the main concepts and skills needed to use spreadsheets, such as tasks associated with developing, formatting, modifying, and using a spreadsheet.
Organising and analysing data using a spreadsheet application produces useful insights for all types of organisation. In addition to using standard formulas and functions, this module covers visualisation of data through creating and formatting graphs or charts.
The analysis of numerical data is an important activity in a wide range of job roles. Accountants, project managers, sales executives, engineers – and many more – rely
on spreadsheets to carry out crucial calculations.
Develop the key skills needed to organise and analyse data using spreadsheet software
|Using the application||
|Formulas and functions||
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be able to use a spreadsheet application to create and work with spreadsheets. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident entering, moving, editing, and deleting data, as well as performing common spreadsheet tasks. They will be able to:
- understand the key concepts of spreadsheets
- use available help resources and shortcuts to enhance productivity
- recognise good practice in inserting, editing, and deleting data
- apply a range of mathematical and logical formulas and functions
- know how to communicate information using charts and graphs
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally
The detailed syllabus for the Spreadsheets module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Offer ICDL in your school or organisation
You can use ICDL as a training centre, a school or college, or for your own staff within your organisation.
To offer ICDL certification, find out more and contact us here.
Find an ICDL course near you
Certifying your digital skills with ICDL is simple:
- Assess your existing skills with a Diagnostic Test
- Build your skills during a course or through learning in your own time
- Certify your skills and earn an ICDL certificate
To get started, find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you